You are here
Solix EDMS Managed Services
The explosion of enterprise data is recognized as one of the most pressing challenges facing organizations today, and Enterprise Data Management (EDM) has emerged as the best practice for organizations to improve application performance, reduce costs and maintain compliance. Data growth strains infrastructure budgets, degrades application performance and availability, and makes SLAs difficult to meet. Older, inactive data is also a legal liability.
While critical, activities like Enterprise Data Management do not get the required attention of IT resources as they are busy working on core business activities. Also, the skills necessary to work on the EDM projects are not generally available in house. Internal resources either need to develop the required skills to master the EDM products or outsource the implementation.
Solix EDMS Managed Services
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS) Managed Services operate according to pre-defined business rules. Security and performance are guaranteed through Service Level Agreements (SLAs), freeing IT staff to focus on innovation rather than running one more back office system. Solix EDMS Managed Services require minimal staff involvement, and when combined with Solix Cloud require zero infrastructure or capital outlay. For a low monthly fee, Solix EDMS Managed Services deliver database archiving, data masking, test data management and application retirement. All customers need to do is supply the policies and business rules – and of course – enjoy the benefits of efficient data management.
Solix EDMS Managed Services include:
- ILM Partitioning - Data growth has a big impact on application performance, and application owners may elect to reduce data volumes to achieve dramatic application performance improvement. By partitioning database tables based on heat maps, datasets are reduced allowing applications to run faster. Solix EDMS ILM Partitioning is policy based improving the manageability, compliance and availability of application data.
- Database Archiving - Database archiving improves the performance of mission critical transaction processing applications. These may be commercial applications supplied by a vendor like Oracle, or they may be custom developed applications. Archiving relocates older, inactive, transactional data to an archive database. This approach improves application performance while providing access to the archived data for as long as the retention policy specifies. Solix EDMS Managed Services, in conjunction with Solix Cloud, provides enterprise data management thru an on demand model. The service includes all of the software, infrastructure and ongoing operations for a monthly fee.
- Test Data Management - Solix EDMS Managed Services for TDM brings efficiency to the creation and management of database clones and subsets. Best practices are enforced through configurable business rules for test data management, and a full scope of services is available to speed application test cycles and reduce non production storage costs.
- Data Masking - Solix EDMS Managed Services for Data Masking provides a flexible and cost-effective approach to secure non-production data. Data masking, on the other hand, renders data objects obfuscated and unidentifiable, but also ensures that the data format remains valid for testing purposes.
- Application Retirement - Gartner estimates that "on average 10% of applications running in an un-optimized portfolio are candidates for retirement. And an additional one-third can require migration or rationalization." Retiring these applications can pay tremendous dividends by freeing staff for more important assignments, eliminating licensing and maintenance fees, and halting electricity charges. Furthermore, by repurposing servers and storage systems for other jobs, new capital outlays can be avoided as well. Solix EDMS Managed Services for Application Retirement is a highly automated and secure answer to application retirement, data migration, retention management and legacy data access issues.