You are here
Solix Technologies Announces Availability of Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite 5.1
Solix EDMS 5.1 provides easy to use and powerful data access tools for reporting and compliance
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (December 7, 2011) – Solix Technologies, a leading provider of enterprise data management solutions, today introduced Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite 5.1 (Solix EDMS). The new release of Solix EDMS 5.1 provides easy to use data access and reporting tools for the archived data while extending support to more applications and databases. Solix EDMS 5.1 also simplifies retention management and legal holds with the most flexible options in the market to enforce retention policies and in-place legal holds to meet industry specific regulations and compliance.
According to Sheila Childs, Gartner's Research VP, "Application data continues to grow exponentially. Organizations are looking to database archiving vendors that offer packaged and custom application support in order to control storage growth, improve application performance and support compliance, audit and e-discovery activities."
(Gartner Report – Market Trends: World, Database Archiving Market Continues Rapid Growth, 2011)
Solix EDMS 5.1 features include:
- Solix APM in release 5.1 further simplifies the access to data and reports in the long term archive. New features include a new visual query builder that allows users to build adhoc queries and reports on the fly in order to view the data that is archived or retired. Now using Solix APM users can view unstructured content that is linked to transactions and stored either in file servers or content repositories such as Oracle Universal Content Management (Oracle UCM). Solix APM 5.1 comes with a comprehensive report and query model supporting both power users and end-users. Using the collaborative model power users can create, save, test, run and eventually share the queries and reports with end-users.
- Solix EDMS 5.1 comes with more granular managed data retention down to the object level for both active archiving and data that is retired or decommissioned
- Solix EDMS 5.1 comes with an in place legal holds capability that provides the ability to preserve the data without having to export out to a separate legal archive.
- Significant performance improvements to optimize data subsetting for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Solix EDMS 5.1 is integrated and certified with Sybase IQ. This integration allows customers use Solix EDMS along with Sybase IQ as a long term archive for application retirement. The solution provides data classification, migration, validation, preservation of application context, along with patented compression to reduce storage requirements and role-based data access for the data stored in Sybase IQ. This new option will allow Sybase IQ customers to extend their IQ deployments for compliance related projects.
- New integrations across Oracle Applications and Fusion Middleware Platform
"The new release of Solix EDMS 5.1 delivers the most efficient application portfolio management solution for enterprises to manage their data at the lowest cost. An end-to-end solution built on a single, unified platform that is simple to deploy, run and manage with support for heterogeneous databases, applications and storage." said Raghu Kodali Vice President of Product Management & Strategy
About Solix Technologies
Solix Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Data Management solutions, helps businesses to improve application performance, reduce storage costs, meet compliance and data privacy requirements by achieving Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) goals, Data Governance strategies, and efficiently transition to Cloud infrastructure. Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) software enables organizations to implement Database Archiving, Test Data Management (Data Subsetting), Data Masking and Application Retirement across all enterprise data. Solix ExAPPS Appliance is an integrated set of Server, storage and software components for Application Retirement all bundled into a single device. In partnership with leading application and storage vendors, Solix provides integrated ILM, cloud enabling and Data Governance solutions for today's heterogeneous environments. Solix has an extensive global client base, including Fortune 500 companies, and is widely considered the standard for enterprise data management. Solix Technologies is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has an established worldwide channel program of value added resellers (VARs) and systems integrators.