You are here
Data breach announcements are commonplace. Is your organization prepared?
Everywhere we look, there are new reports of data breaches in the healthcare industry and the losses tied to them. Based on a report released by Ponemon Institute in Dec 2011 on Patient privacy and data security*
Senior Director, Product Management and Strategy
ASG Software Solutions
VP, Pre Sales and Customer Support
|Date & Time||Thursday, July 26th 2012
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- On average, it is estimated that data breaches cost benchmarked organizations $2,243,700, not including the loss of productivity, time and brand reputation.
- The frequency of data breaches among organizations in the study has gone up 32 percent from 2010.
- Despite policies and federal mandates, prevention of unauthorized access to patient information is not a priority in many organizations in this study.
- Cloning of production data is still common practices for creating development and test environments.
Before your organization becomes a victim too, learn how to take the appropriate action.
In this webinar partners, ASG Software Solutions and Solix Technologies, will walk you through the perils of unsecured data in non-production environments and the ways to overcome them. Ian and Erik will provide their valuable insights on the following questions:
- HIPAA and HITECH require appropriate safeguards to protect personal information, what are you doing about it?
- What should you do to avoid a data breach in nonproduction environments?
- Why is encryption not enough to secure nonproduction environments?
- How Solix can support you reaching your HIPAA and HITECH compliance goals
- High-level roll-out plan for Enterprise Data Protection of nonproduction environments
All the attendees of the webinar will also walk away with Solix EDMS Standard Edition Data Masking tool along with three months of free support.
* Second Annual Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy & Data Security; Independently conducted by Ponemon Institute LLC Publication Date: December 2011
About Your Speakers:
Erik Jarlstrom is the Vice President of Pre-Sales and Customer Support at Solix, and he has extensive technical service, customer support and IT project management experience. Erik Jarlstrom is a recognized industry leader, and he has made important contributions to the success of some of the most recognized names in enterprise software.
For over 29 years Erik Jarlstrom has led services organizations for industry leaders including IBM, Oracle, and Ernst & Young. His experience includes top management roles in technical, customer advocacy, project management and enterprise software pre-sales positions.
Ian Rowlands is the Senior Director of Strategy and Product Management and is responsible for the direction of ASG's Applications, Service Support and Metadata Management technologies including ASG-MetaCMDB®, ASG-Rochade and ASG-Manager Products, for the creation and implementation of product launch and delivery plans and for creation and management of partner relationships as well as for providing strategic input to corporate wide initiatives. He has also served as Vice President of ASG's repository development organization.
Prior to joining ASG Software Solutions, Rowlands served as Director of Indirect Channels for Viasoft, a leading Enterprise Application Management vendor that was later acquired by ASG. He was responsible for relationships with Viasoft's distributor partners outside North America.