You are here
Regulations requiring record retention is leading Healthcare organizations to devote larger share of IT budgets to data storage facilities, power, cooling and maintenance. With the value of patient data falling dramatically in as little as 90 days, a tiered storage strategy for Healthcare is critical to managing data costs. Implementing Information Lifecycle Management strategies can ensure IT storage costs are compatible with the data value.
Further complicating the data retention and storage picture is the need to secure healthcare data such as patient names, social security numbers, treatment options, as well as corporate data throughout the entire data chain. Organizations take pains to secure data in their production systems but often leave critical data wide open in test and development and QA environments. To ensure measured storage growth, long term data retention and security, Healthcare organizations must:
- Implementing an enterprise database management strategy
- Optimize infrastructure investments based on data classes
- Establish formal data retention policies that align business value with information availability
- Ensure data security throughout the corporate environment, from production to test, QA, maintenance, and development
Source: Journal of the American Health Information Management Association, 2002
With the Solix Enterprise Database Archiving solution for Healthcare, organizations can create and deploy effective and consistent policies for managing, securing and storing data from a single console. The result is improved application performance and availability through smaller production database sizes, shorter backup and recovery times, reduced labor costs to maintain the production system and lower storage costs. Solix EDMS for Healthcare offers organizations the ability to
- Classify data based on its business value and regulatory impact for tiered storage and information security.
- Maintain seamless data access to archive data through native Application interfaces.
- Maintain referential integrity to insure transactional integrity in the archive.
- Mask critical patient and corporate data, ensuring data security in archive, test and QA environments.
- Leverage a metadata driven approach for defining data management policies, reducing overhead costs associated with data management solutions.
- Complete integrated de-archive, space re-claimer and patch synchronization utilities to assist in data management processes.
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite's modular and centralized architecture allows companies to securely manage their archiving processes. There is no need for multiple installations of database tools or application metadata for each server environment. Solix Database Archiving for Heathcare
- Increases productivity among application users and application administrators.
- Reduces IT maintenance otherwise associated with large data volumes.
- Reduces high cost storage options in production systems through reduced online data volumes.
- Implements a comprehensive data management strategy to improve operational efficiencies.
Solix Database Archiving for Healthcare is part of the Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) that enables centralized management of data classification and security policies. At the core of the Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages multiple applications and data types across all hardware platforms through a unified policy manager
For more information, contact email@example.com