You are here
IBM DB2 Data Archive Solution
IBM DB2 offers industry leading performance, scale, and reliability on a choice of platforms from Linux to z/OS. But even an industry leading database can be affected by data growth. Enterprise data management is a proven strategy to manage growth in application and custom databases by reallocating data out of production systems into secondary, lower cost storage systems while maintaining seamless data access through the native application or BI layer.
Organizations can mitigate the impact of data growth by running batch reports during downtime, purchasing faster hardware or utilizing the purge functionality. None of these strategies fully address the reality of database growth and the need for long term data retention. To maintain performance of IBM DB2 based applications while ensuring compliance, organizations must:
- Actively manage transactional data stores to optimize application performance.
- Understand the impact of growing application databases to productivity and resource costs.
- Develop classification strategies for primary and secondary data sets.
- Implementing an enterprise database management strategy to optimize infrastructure investments based on data classes.
With the Solix Enterprise Database Archiving solution for IBM DB2, organizations can create and deploy effective and consistent policies for managing, securing and storing data from a single console. The result is improved application performance and availability through smaller production database sizes, shorter backup and recovery times, reduced labor costs to maintain the production system and lower storage costs. Solix EDMS for IBM DB2 offers organizations the ability to.
- Classify data based on its business value and regulatory impact for tiered storage and information security.
- Maintain seamless data access to archive data through native application interface.
- Maintain referential integrity to insure transactional integrity in the archive.
- Leverage a metadata driven approach for defining data management policies, reducing overhead costs associated with data management solutions.
- Complete integrated de-archive, space re-claimer and patch synchronization utilities to assist in data management processes.
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite's modular and centralized architecture allows companies to securely manage their archiving processes. There is no need for multiple installations of database tools or application metadata for each server environment. Solix database archiving for IBM DB2:
- Increases productivity among application users and application administrators.
- Reduces IT maintenance otherwise associated with large data volumes.
- Reduces high cost storage options in production systems through reduced online data volumes.
- Implements a comprehensive data management strategy to improve operational efficiencies.
Solix Enterprise Database Archiving
Enterprise customers running Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Siebel, SAP, Baan, or Custom applications running on Oracle, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL depend on data to run their businesses. Enterprise Database Archiving is the complete solution for all enterprise data archiving needs to maintain performance and optimize storage.
Solix Enterprise Data Archiving solution is part of the Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) that enables centralized management of data classification and security policies. At the core of the Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages multiple applications metadata for all data types independent of the hardware platforms through a unified policy manager.