You are here
Business Online Transaction Processing Applications are designed and architected to efficiently record and store the transactional history of the organization. Once the data is processed, after a point in time, the transactions are no longer active tending to weigh down the application. In any given database as much as 80% of information in a production database may be inactive causing performance degradation and increased IT management cost.
To proactively manage the application performance, organizations need to
- Actively manage transactional data stores to optimize application performance
- Understand the impact of growing application databases to productivity and resource costsDevelop classification strategies for primary and secondary data for implementing an enterprise database management strategy.
With the Solix Enterprise Database Archiving solution, organizations can create and deploy consistent policies for managing, securing and storing data from a single console. The result is improved application performance and availability through smaller production database sizes, shorter backup and recovery times, reduced labor costs to maintain the production system and lower storage costs. The solution offers organizations the ability to
- Classify data based on its business value and regulatory impact for tiered storage and information security.
- Improve peak performance of critical applications by offloading historical or inactive data while maintaining transparent access to archived data from the native application
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite's modular and centralized architecture allows companies to securely manage their archiving processes. There is no need for multiple installations of database tools or application metadata for each server environment. Solix helps organizations:
- Increase productivity among application users
- Reduce IT maintenance associated with large data sets
- Reduce high cost storage options in production servers
- Implement a comprehensive data management strategy
Solix Secure Test and Development solution is part of the Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) that enables centralized management of data classification and security policies. At the core of the Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages multiple applications and data types across all hardware platforms through a unified policy manager.
For more information, contact email@example.com