You are here
JD Edwards Database Archiving Solution by Solix
JD Edwards has a long history of delivering ERP systems to mid-market companies, capturing, storing and delivering mission critical information. Over time, the load from millions of financial and operational transactions added to the system daily weighs heavily on the application servers, impacting performance and report response rates.
Organizations can mitigate the impact of data growth by running batch reports during downtimes, purchasing faster hardware or purge data from the application. None of these strategies fully address the reality of application growth coupled with the need for long term data retention. To maintain performance of JD Edwards Applications, while ensuring compliance, organizations must:
- Analyze JD Edwards data for a given module or the sum total of the Application database.
- Assess data growth rate and set data retention policies across the modules.
- Tier data based on business rules and application logic.
- Ensure that referential integrity is maintained.
- Preserve the essential metadata for future executions.
- Automate the process of space reclamation in the production instance after archive & purge.
Solix Enterprise Database Archiving Solution for JD Edwards
With the Solix Enterprise JD Edwards Database Archiving solution, organizations can create and deploy effective and consistent policies for managing, securing and storing data from a single console. The result is improved application performance and availability through smaller production database sizes, shorter backup and recovery times, reduced labor costs to maintain the production system and lower storage costs. Solix EDMS for JD Edwards offers organizations the ability to
- Classify data based on its business value and regulatory impact for tiered storage and information security.
- Maintain referential integrity to insure transactional integrity in the archive.
- Simultaneously access archive data along with current activity using the JD Edwards application to respond to inquiries, run reports and make decisions.
- Complete integrated de-archive, space re-claimer and patch synchronization utilities to assist in the data management processes.
Benefits of the Solix Enterprise Database Archiving Solution
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite's modular and centralized architecture allows companies to securely manage their archiving processes. There is no need for multiple installations of database tools or application metadata for each server environment. Solix for JD Edwards Applications and databases:
- Increases productivity among application users and application administrators.
- Reduces IT maintenance otherwise associated with large data volumes.
- Reduces high cost storage options in production systems through reduced online data volumes.
- Implements a comprehensive data management strategy to improve operational efficiencies.
Solix EDMS supports all JD Edwards modules. It can be integrated with any module in JD Edwards through Solix EDMS objects that define the most common JD Edwards business logic.
Certified Partner in the Oracle PartnerNetwork
Solix Technologies is a Certified Partner in the Oracle Partner Network, a global business network of more than 19,500 companies who deliver innovative software solutions based on Oracle software. Oracle partners are able to offer their customers leading-edge solutions backed by Oracle's position as the world's largest enterprise software company. Partners who are able to demonstrate superior product knowledge, technical expertise and a commitment to doing business with Oracle qualify for the Certified Partner levels.
Solix Enterprise Database Archiving for Enterprise Applications
Enterprise customers running Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Siebel, SAP, Baan and more depend on enterprise applications to run their businesses. Coupled with support for custom applications running on Oracle, IBM, Informix, Microsoft SQL, MySQL or other RDMS with JDBC driver support, Solix Enterprise Database Archiving is the complete solution for all enterprise data archiving needs.
Solix Enterprise Database Archiving solution is part of the Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) that enables centralized management of data classification and security policies. At the core of the Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages multiple applications metadata for all data types independent of the hardware platforms through a unified policy manager.