You are here
Enterprise Data Management for Siebel Applications
Enterprise data management includes capabilities that enable companies to assess, classify, subset, archive, store and access enterprise application data efficiently and cost-effectively throughout the data lifecycle. With effective and consistent strategies for managing enterprise application data, you can increase the business value of your Siebel applications and add to your bottom line. Specifically, database archiving is a recognized best practice for identifying and separating current data from "historical" data, safely removing it to a secure archive, and keeping it accessible. To satisfy the requirements of companies that rely on Siebel applications, archiving must address important challenges inherent in managing complex relational data.
For example, in its complete business context, the data comprising a single activity or customer interaction can be interconnected to hundreds of other details. The production database includes both current business information, like customer information and addresses details, and historical transaction detail, such as closed Service Requests and completed Activities. Archiving must safely separate rarely accessed, historical transaction data from customer master data and remove only the historical transactions from the database − all without losing the business context of the data or corrupting the database.
Routine database archiving must safely streamline Siebel application databases to deliver business value that ensures optimal application performance and availability for the long-term, while reducing operating costs. A proven integrated database archiving solution, specifically designed for companies that rely on Siebel applications, would offer the most cost-effective approach. Many organizations are reaching the point where a true archiving strategy will yield a far greater payback − in faster performance, reduced operational costs and most importantly, improved customer satisfaction − than any of the traditional approaches.
Solix Supports Siebel Applications
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) provides the recipe for managing your data holistically, accounting for compliance, cost, and security. With quantifiable improvement across the enterprise, organizations reduce risk, lower costs, and improve performance and operational efficiencies.
With Solix Enterprise Archiving solution, organizations can create and deploy consistent policies for classifying, tiering, and managing archive data from a single archive policy console. The result is improved application performance and availability through smaller production database sizes, shorter backup and recovery windows, reduced labor costs and lower infrastructure requirements. The solution offers organizations the ability to classify data based on its business value and regulatory impact for tiered storage and information security and improve peak performance of critical applications by off loading historical or inactive data while maintaining transparent access to archived data from the native application.
Solix EDMS for Siebel Database Archiving:
- Offloads aged data and documents from the Siebel system.
- Ensure secure access to this information.
- Accelerate backup and recovery times.
- Reduce administrative and storage costs.
- Decrease the time it takes to implement Siebel upgrades.
- Archive the complete range of business critical documents, including proposals, quotes, customer correspondence, contracts, and more.
- Seamless integration between Siebel & Solix EDM Solutions for Siebel enables end users to access all enterprise documents directly from the Siebel user interface.
- Access Back Office accounting documents through the Siebel interface.
- Non-intrusive Siebel configuration to access the archived data through the native
- Siebel interface.
- Access archived only data along with associated attachments.
- Access archived and production data in a single sign-on session.
Benefits of Solix Application Retirement:
- Optimized customer service.
- Expedited customer-related processes.
- Secure long-term archiving of all customer-related documents.
- Greater customer satisfaction and, therefore, loyalty.
- Increased performance by connecting front-office and back office applications integration.
- Higher employee productivity.
- Lower liability with retention of Siebel documents for regulatory compliance.
- Optimized system performance.
- Demonstrable Return on Investment.
- Cost-effective visibility across applications.