You are here
Solix Technologies Introduces Fourth Generation of Enterprise Data Management Solutions
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite facilitates compliance and information lifecycle management from a single platform for enterprise customers
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 19, 2007 - Solix Technologies today announced its fourth generation of Compliance and Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) solutions, the Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS), that help companies more efficiently classify, manage and secure enterprise data for information governance, tiered storage strategies and application data consolidations.
The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite is composed of Compliance and ILM solutions. At the core of the new Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages multiple application and data types across all hardware platforms. The Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager enables centralized management of data security policies whether the data resides in the production instance or in test and development copies.
Solix's modular architecture enables customers to solve immediate data management needs while leveraging existing capital investments for future initiatives. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite is pre-populated with the metadata for popular ERP's such as Oracle eBusiness Suite (including Oracle Process Manufacturing), Oracle PeopleSoft and Oracle JDEdwards, and provides a drag and drop tool to configure metadata for custom applications.
"Too often the ability to meet compliance requirements, information governance and Federal regulations places unnecessary burden on corporate IT professionals," said Sai Gundavelli, chief executive officer, Solix Technologies. "Identifying and locating electronic information does not need to be like trying to find a needle in a haystack - provided that you used the right tool for the job. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite will enable the world's largest customers to more easily manage the vast amount of data that they collect as part of on-going business operations; ensure its security; and be able to meet U.S. and international laws that govern the security and privacy of personal customer information using a phased implementation approach so they can tackle immediate problems now while leveraging their investments for future initiatives."
With security events and threats at an all time high and news of lost tapes, stolen laptops and customer data breaches, organizations need to ensure they are taking the necessary steps to protect confidential information. According to Enterprise Strategy Group, with as much as half of an enterprise's confidential data residing in ERP, CRM, and custom applications, organizations need to ensure these environments are secure. In addition, today's enterprises are struggling to manage critical and confidential data more efficiently during a time in which storage budgets have shown continuous increases despite declining storage costs.
Over the next four years, the Enterprise Strategy Group expects organizations to archive approximately 7,500 petabytes of database information to help comply with record retention regulations, retain structured information online at lower costs, and create development environments supporting infrastructure and software upgrades. "There are clear benefits of managing database information from a single platform as organizations must deal with evolving information security, information privacy and information retention regulations" said Brian Babineau, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "Whether it is creating a secure development environment, sunsetting aged database applications, or leveraging inexpensive storage, Solix provides a comprehensive suite of products designed to facilitate more efficient database management."
With the Solix EDMS, organizations will be able to manage compliance and ILM initiatives from a single platform providing organizations with the tools to:
- Mitigate Risk: Significantly reduce security threats by masking confidential database data within archives and test and development environments;
- Reduce Storage Costs: Leverage tiered storage strategies for more efficient data lifecycle management;
- Enforce Consistent Security Policies: Implement consistent data security policies and enforce those policies when archiving and migrating data
- Audit Data: Audit database activity, providing audit notifications and reports that can be searched and retrieved during an E-Discovery investigation; and
- Retire legacy applications: Migrate and archive legacy data for application and infrastructure upgrades
Solix Compliance Solutions:
- Solix Secure Test and Development allows organizations to automatically create database copies while masking sensitive data in non-production environments for improved security, faster test and development cycles, and reduced storage costs.
- Solix Data Auditor is a policy driven security tool that monitors and reports on what data has been accessed, updated or deleted, providing event notification and reporting of database activity in a secure repository that can be searched during an audit or eDiscovery inquiry.
Solix Information Lifecycle Management Solutions:
- Solix Enterprise Database Archiving, formerly Solix ARCHIVEjinni, archives all data (application, email, documents and other files) to a secure, controlled, and searchable archive laying a foundation to support eDiscovery.
- Solix Application Retirement leverages the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager and allows database administrators to map metadata between legacy and current applications and create conversion rules to ensure seamless data migration.
"Our customers are looking for ways to solve their database management and security challenges," said Amitava Sharma, Global Head Oracle Practice, Wipro Technologies. With so many different solutions out there, it is critical that customers can streamline and simplify their IT infrastructure while addressing their evolving needs. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite gives enterprises both: the ability to implement the solutions they need today, with the infrastructure in place to address future database management challenges." Wipro Technologies is a member of the Solix Global Partner Network.
The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS) is available for all custom and packaged applications including Oracle E=Business Suite, PeopleSoft and JDEdwards, and supports Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and any other database that utilizes a JDBC driver. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite of products is available immediately from Solix Technologies and members of the Solix Global Partner Network. For more information, visit Solix Technologies online at www.solix.com or download the whitepaper by Enterprise Strategy Group, "Facilitating Compliance and Intelligent Information Management with Effective Database Management: A Review of Solix Technologies' Enterprise Data Management Suite" at http://www.solix.com.
About Solix Technologies
Solix Technologies, Inc. is a recognized global provider of enterprise data management solutions for Information Lifecycle Management and Compliance. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite of software enable organizations to discover, classify and manage structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, and easily implement tiered storage strategies, while securing, managing and auditing confidential data for compliance and information governance. Solix partners with the leading application and storage providers to provide integrated solutions for today's heterogeneous environments. With an extensive global client base, including many Fortune 500 companies, Solix is considered a pioneer in providing a complete infrastructure platform to manage data across all segments (Application, Email and Documents) in an enterprise. For more information please visit www.solix.com or call 888-GO-SOLIX.
# # #
Solix is a trademark of Solix Technologies. Other product and service names mentioned here in are the trademarks of their respective owners.