You are here
Database Archiving for Oracle
Oracle is the most widely deployed RDBMS system in the world supporting more than 300,000 installations. In addition to the growing number of implementations, current installed Oracle databases are experiencing incredible growth due to the amount of data enterprises are keeping online. Enterprise data management is a proven strategy to manage growth in custom and packaged applications running on Oracle databases by archiving data out of production infrastructure systems onto secondary, lower cost infrastructure while maintaining seamless data access through the native application or BI layer.
Many organizations have tried alternative approaches to archiving, such as running batch reports during downtime, purchasing faster hardware or purging data by completely removing data from access. None of these strategies fully address the challenges of database growth and the need for long term data retention. To maintain performance of Oracle based applications while complying with data retention needs, organizations must:
- Actively manage transactional data stores to optimize application performance.
- Understand the impact of growing databases to productivity and resource costs.
- Develop classification strategies for primary and secondary data sets.
- Implement an enterprise database management strategy to optimize infrastructure investments based on data classes.
Database Archiving solution for Oracle
With the Solix Enterprise Database Archiving solution for Oracle, organizations can create and deploy effective and consistent policies for managing, securing and storing data from a single policy console. The result is improved application performance and availability through smaller production database sizes, shorter backup and recovery times, reduced labor costs associated with production and test system maintenance and lower storage and infrastructure requirements and costs. Solix EDMS for Oracle databases offers organizations the ability to.
- Classify data based on its business value and regulatory impact.
- Map data classifications to tiered infrastructure and information security SLAs.
- Maintain seamless data access to archive data through native application interface.
- Maintain referential integrity to insure transactional integrity in the archive.
- Leverage a metadata driven approach for defining data management policies, reducing overhead costs associated with data management solutions.
- Complete integrated de-archive, space re-claimer and patch synchronization utilities to assist in data management processes.
- Centralize data management policies across multiple databases and applications to a single Solix EDMS console.
Leverage existing investments in the Oracle technology stack and improve management of these investments, such as: Oracle licenses for the archive database, Oracle Compression, Total Recall, Advanced Partitioning and Oracle Enterprise Content Management
Data Archiving solution for Oracle: Benefits
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite's modular and centralized architecture allows companies to securely manage their archiving processes. There is no need for multiple installations of database tools or application metadata for each server environment. Solix database archiving for Oracle:
- Increases productivity among application users and application administrators.
- Reduces IT maintenance otherwise associated with large data volumes.
- Reduces high cost storage options in production systems through reduced online data volumes.
- Implements a comprehensive data management strategy to improve operational efficiencies.
Solix Enterprise Database Archiving
Enterprise customers running Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Siebel, SAP, Baan, or Custom applications running on Oracle, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase or MySQL depend on data to run their businesses. Enterprise Database Archiving is the complete solution for all enterprise data archiving needs to maintain performance and optimize storage.
Solix Enterprise Data Archiving solution is part of the Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) that enables centralized management of data classification and security policies. At the core of the Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages multiple applications metadata for all data types independent of the hardware platforms through a unified policy manager.
IDC Worldwide RDBMS 2006 Vendor Shares: Preliminary Results for the Top 5 Vendors Filing Information: April 2007, IDC #206061