Archive everything will help enterprises reduce IT Cost, achieve compliance objectives, conquer the data growth crisis and achieve digital transformation at your company today.
IT cost reduction objectives are upon us again, and every infrastructure manager knows that the data growth crisis is not only real, it is growing exponentially every day. The impact is severe because data growth:
- Degrades the performance of production databases and file servers,
- Drives hardware upgrade requirements,
- Creates availability challenges during upgrade cycles
- Exposes the organization to legal liabilities,
- Exacerbates the challenges of consumer data privacy and compliance
At the end of the day, IT cost is directly proportional to the amount of data under management.
Archiving data from production infrastructure reduces costs and solves these problems and still provides end users with reliable access to the data they need to do their jobs.
As the amount of data under management grows, so does the serious risk of failing to meet complex compliance objectives like legal hold and GDPR which are essential for proper data governance. The path to digital transformation relies on broad access to quality data, including archive and current data. AI, machine learning and advanced analytics all rely on the highest levels of data preparation and data quality to deliver game changing competitive advantages.
To reduce IT cost, improve data governance and drive digital transformation, many organizations are moving to an “Archive Everything” approach. In the past enterprise data management strategies segmented archive data into structured, semi structured and unstructured repositories, each with separate and distinct access control, data retention policies and infrastructure requirements. Managing such an enterprise data architecture is significantly complicated, and the costs are not optimized.
A common data platform(CDP) approach enables all data to be archived to a single repository and be governed by a single, unified set of data retention and compliance policies. By centralizing enterprise archiving, IT organizations reduce complexity, optimize their infrastructure and gain improved control over compliance and data governance.
Cloud native software has redefined the archive process by enabling multi-cloud portability, low cost object storage and universal access to all data regardless of format. NoSQL database technology enables a single repository approach, low cost, bulk data storage, and robust data pipelines that collect data from anywhere, prepare the data for use, and then feed downstream systems.
Another big gain is the ability to text search data from a relational database. Structured data sourced from relational databases, mainframes and enterprise applications may now be denormalized and stored in flat files enabling users to browse the data via simple text search as well as SQL query.
- Preconfigured knowledge bases supporting popular enterprise applications from IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and SAP reduce set-up and implementation time to quick start projects. Solix cloud data management solutions are multi-cloud portable and available as SaaS, private cloud or on premise deployment.
- Workgroup solutions for secure and compliant file storage are also available as discrete enterprise content services for archiving and decommissioning files as well as popular workgroup applications.
- Data catalog and metadata management utilities enable data administrators to easily explore and classify their data.
- Pre-built consumer data privacy solutions for GDPR, CDPA and other critical data compliance mandates are also available.
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to build data pipelines from any source data to any target including mainframes, relational databases, file and email servers.
Contact Solix today, and request a free archiving assessment to quantify the costs and benefits of an ‘archive everything’ strategy for your business. Learn how SOLIXCloud Enterprise Archiving is able to tame your data growth crisis and usher in digital transformation for your organization.