Unstructured data (Documents, PDFs, PPTs, text files, social media data, etc.) is growing at an unprecedented rate. As per a report published by IDC in 2021, enterprises have an average of 71PB of file storage in on-premises locations and over 91PB of it in public cloud locations. It, therefore, stands to reason that file archiving strategy is of the utmost importance for any organization to consider today.
Why File Archiving is the need of the hour?
On-premises file storage was expected to grow at 46% per year over the next five years, while public cloud file storage was expected to grow even faster (at 53% per year).
According to estimates, 80% of enterprise data is unstructured and dispersed among silos of active and old file repositories. If left unchecked, these can quickly turn into unmanageable file swamps. Such a scenario would result in
- Increase in IT costs ( maintenance and storage)
- Regulatory non-compliance
- Frequent data breaches
- Data discovery challenges
The answer to the above challenges – File Archiving. It is an essential strategy for improving the efficiency of active data storage infrastructure, reducing IT costs and staying compliant.
Let’s talk About Benefits
Reduce cost and improve infra efficiency
- Free up costly primary storage by moving and archiving inactive files
- Improve infrastructure performance by moving redundant and old data
- Lower costs by efficiently identifying and moving inactive files to a low-cost cloud storage
- Retire legacy file repositories and free up IT resources
- Save further by tiering data to lower-cost storage based on age
Stay Compliant with Data Regulations
- Enable policy-based retention schedules to meet compliance requirements
- Comply with Data privacy regulations such as GDPR, and CCPA by moving data out of active systems/processing.
- Meet legal requirements quickly with e-discovery and legal holds
Quick Data Discovery and Access
- Browsable Centralized archives provide quick data access by breaking down data silos
- Full-content text search capabilities make it simple to locate relevant files
- Self-service access to data via role-based access controls
Prevent Data loss and Leakages
- Centralize and consolidate inactive data for better monitoring and management.
- Classify data and protect data from accidental loss/leakages
Reduce IT Effort
- Archiving helps reduce time and effort for backups and maintenance
- Save time for IT in fulfilling data requests by providing self-service access
Simplify & Automate Cloud File Archiving with SOLIX ECS
With SOLIX ECS, organizations can quickly identify and archive infrequently accessed files and legacy file systems into cost-effective and secure self-service cloud repositories with real-time search and access, centralized governance, security, and compliance.