Design Firm HDR Selects SOLIXCloud for Cloud Data Management
SOLIXCloud will reduce data management costs for top global design firm via the cloud
May 12, 2020 — Santa Clara, Calif. — Solix Technologies, Inc., a leading big data application provider for empowering data-driven enterprises, today announced that HDR Inc., a top 5 global design firm specializing in engineering, architecture, environmental, and construction services, has selected SOLIXCloud, software-as-a-service for legacy data decommissioning built on Microsoft Azure.
SOLIXCloud is built on Solix’s award-winning big data application framework, the Solix Common Data Platform (CDP). SOLIXCloud enables enterprises to decommission and retire legacy application data to the cloud, in addition to archiving databases, file servers, and email. The monthly service relieves the pressure of data growth on enterprise applications and provides infrastructure optimization, reporting, analytics, and low cost bulk data storage.
“Legacy applications are often forgotten about, as they are replaced with new solutions—however the old data is still extremely important for record-keeping, analysis, and eDiscovery/legal purposes,” said Sai Gundavelli, CEO/Founder, Solix Technologies, Inc. “Our application retirement solutions provide easy access to this data via the cloud, securely accessible anywhere in the world by both the organization and external parties such as auditors, legal professionals, and government officials.”
Key features of SOLIXCloud Application Retirement include:
- Validation before purge: Legacy application data (including custom tables) is first copied to a cloud storage archive repository, then validated to ensure it has been moved in its entirety before being purged.
- Metadata-driven: Structural and relational metadata is automatically stored to allow the creation of custom retirement configurations and business objects, in accordance with data governance and compliance requirements.
- Easy access to retired data and legal hold: With role-based access control, authorized users can easily access retired data using full text search, saved queries, and custom report features to meet compliance, eDiscovery, and other regulatory and business requirements.
- Create enterprise business records (EBRs): Point-in-time snapshots of a business transaction, which may include structured, semi-structured, or unstructured data elements (such as invoices, customer data, spreadsheets, and documents).
- Print report archiving: Capture business reports of legacy application data in .PDF format, without having to rebuild them from retired data.
Why should enterprises consider SOLIXCloud?
- Easy to use, archive-as-a-service process
- Retire/decommission any application at a low fixed monthly cost using bulk data storage
- Reduce maintenance, infrastructure and license costs of legacy applications
- Improved security and compliance with policy-based data retention and legal hold
- Fast and agile
- Geographic distribution and availability
- Analytics ready
To learn more about SOLIXCloud, visit https://cloud.solix.com/
About Solix Technologies
Solix Technologies, Inc., a leader in empowering data-driven enterprises, helps businesses organize their Enterprise Information with optimized infrastructure, data security and advanced analytics by achieving Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) goals. Solix Big Data Suite offers an ILM framework for Enterprise Archiving and Enterprise Data Lake applications with Apache Hadoop as an enterprise data repository. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) enables organizations to implement Database Archiving, Test Data Management (Data Subsetting), Data Masking and Application Retirement across all enterprise data. Solix Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and operates worldwide through an established network of value added resellers (VARs) and systems integrators. To learn more, please visit https://www.solix.com
Connect with Solix
Visit our website: https://www.solix.com
Follow us on Twitter: @solixbigdata
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/solixtechnologies
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/solix-technologies/