I am proud to announce that Solix Technologies is a leader in Gartner’s latest ‘Magic Quadrant for Structured Data Archiving and Application Retirement’. This is particularly significant because Solix is the only specialized vendor among the leaders. The other three – IBM, Informatica and Hewlett-Packard – are huge, diversified companies with much greater resources, while almost all the other vendors are shown as niche players.
So why Solix is in this coveted league, here are the top ten reasons as I see it -
- Team - Our biggest asset is our team. Many team members have been with Solix since the founding of the company. This team can walk on water, can run 100k race and can also move mountains. They are incredible and that is our key strength. When prospects ask why they should choose Solix, we always talk about our team.
- Technology - We have a strong technology architecture based on a single code base developed in-house. Solix did not build its technology through acquisition and assembly of unrelated pieces of code. As a result our code is clean and scalable, and our engineers understand it intimately since they wrote every line.
- Pricing - We offer multiple and very flexible pricing models including on-demand, subscription, perpetual and managed services. Customers can choose the plan that best matches their needs.
- Product Direction - We have a strong product direction going forward. What we have accomplished so far is only a foundation for what we intend to do in the future. As our customers move into the era of Big Data, we intend to help them manage that data and, more importantly, extract value from it with sophisticated analysis and visualization tools.
- Size Matters - We are small, nimble, and customer-driven. We are very responsive to the needs of every customer, and those needs define our development path going forward.
- Happy Customers - This is the reason, why we have been able to maintain our independence while our competitors have sold themselves to major vendors. We never forget that, and we always strive to keep our customers happy.
- Partner Friendly - We have worldwide presence today through our partner ecosystem, so no matter where you are you can get local support from a Solix partner.
- Credibility - We have the credentials and certifications to demonstrate our expertise. We have been selected for an OEM relationship by ASG, Kronos and Oracle Corp, which shows the confidence these market leaders have on our technology.
- Customer Advisory Board - We have a strong customer advisory board covering multiple vertical industries. The board provides a formal channel for customers to determine the direction of product development and the company.
- Happy People - We are a happy people, excited about the journey and the potential impact we can make to Enterprises in the coming decade.
A company like Solix cannot bluff its way into the Gartner Leaders Quadrant, particularly given that our competition includes IBM and HP – Fortune 15 companies. Being rated in that league is an achievement for our entire team that we intend to build on. So stay tuned, because things are going to get exciting.