Solix Technologies unveils Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite 5.0
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (September 20, 2010) – Solix Technologies, a leading provider of enterprise data management solutions, today introduced Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite 5.0 (Solix EDMS), the most comprehensive release for Application Retirement in the company’s history. Solix EDMS 5.0 enables customers to cost-effectively manage their enterprise application portfolio with advancements that provide end-to-end solution to retire or de-commission legacy applications with quick Return on Investment (ROI).
According to Jim Duggan, Gartner’s, Research VP, “Applications often outlive their usefulness, as their functions are duplicated, improved upon or replaced in other applications. Changes in business processes, architectures or operational needs may render an application obsolete. Standardization or modernization efforts may shift users to other solutions. In samples we’ve examined, up to 10% of the applications have been candidates for immediate retirement. An additional one-third can benefit from migration or rationalization.” (Gartner Report – Plan Legacy Application Retirements Carefully – July 22 2010)
Solix EDMS 5.0 features include:
- Solix Application Portfolio Manager (Solix APM) provides a holistic view for legacy application data where business users can search, browse and create reports on data objects and export data as required in common formats such as XML and CSV. Solix APM also includes an easy to provision role-based security model for accessing legacy data that can be tied with enterprise identity management solutions based on LDAP or Microsoft Active Directory. Solix APM also keeps track of legacy application data to trigger data retention for individual applications as and when the application data ages and qualifies for a retention event. Solix APM is accessed as a standard Internet application which minimizes deployment requirements, lowering maintenance costs and training requirements for business users
- Automated data validation along with audit reports as part of end-to-end application retirement process to ensure legacy data from different databases is accurately migrated to the archive platform without any loss of data
- Series of usability improvements to provide a process-oriented user interface and guide customers through an application retirement or database archiving projects
- Significant performance improvements to optimize data movement from legacy application databases to archive platform(s) with user tunable criteria and data classification. New capabilities around data movement include support for flat file data migration
- Simplifying the process of adding application context to the legacy data with built-in processes that can export and import context data from source applications and Microsoft Excel
- Seamless data access to the historical data from Solix APM, where the data from active enterprise applications is moved into Solix Secure Archive that provides 90% data compression and data immutability
- New integrations across Oracle Applications and Fusion Middleware Platform that include database archiving support for Oracle Transportation Management (OTM), and support for deploying Solix EDMS on Oracle WebLogic 11g
“With Solix EDMS 5.0, Solix Technologies is going to raise the bar and set a new standard for retiring or de-commissioning legacy applications,” said Raghu Kodali Vice President of Product Management & Strategy for Solix Technologies. “Customers will be able maximize efficiencies around application portfolio management, dramatically reduce costs to implement application retirement projects, with a comprehensive repeatable model that provides an end-to-end solution within a single, unified product that is simple to deploy, run and manage on all major Java EE application servers with support for heterogeneous databases.”
About Solix Technologies
Solix Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Data Management solutions, helps businesses to improve application performance, reduce storage costs, meet compliance and data privacy requirements by achieving Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) goals, Data Governance strategies, and efficiently transition to Cloud infrastructure. Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) software enables organizations to implement Database Archiving, Test Data Management (Data Subsetting), Data Masking and Application Retirement across all enterprise data. Solix ExAPPS Appliance is an integrated set of Server, storage and software components for Application Retirement all bundled into a single device. In partnership with leading application and storage vendors, Solix provides integrated ILM, cloud enabling and Data Governance solutions for today’s heterogeneous environments. Solix has an extensive global client base, including Fortune 500 companies, and is widely considered the standard for enterprise data management. Solix Technologies is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has an established worldwide channel program of value added resellers (VARs) and systems integrators.
# # #
Media and Analyst Contact: