Database archiving to improve application performance and SLA delivery for Helen of Troy
Solix Database Archiving improved application performance and SLA delivery. With a single installation of Solix EDMS, Helen of Troy added email archiving to address compliance and corporate governance initiatives.
Helen of Troy Limited (NASDAQ:HELE) has established a leadership position in the personal care products market through new product innovation, superior product quality and competitive pricing. Their products include household names such as Brut, OXO, Revlon, Vidal Sassoon, and Dr. Scholls. Helen of Troy has 24×7 manufacturing operations with distribution centers located around the world.
- The companies expansion via mergers and acquisitions creating spikes in data growth
- Slowed system performance was creating increased query times of critical reporting for supply chain management
- Performance tuning wasn’t providing enough improvement to system performance and growth in database tables increased risk of data corruption
- Backups cycles were taking longer in a 24×7 operation that couldn’t afford downtime
- Reduced time to run supply chain reports by 20%
- Improved online and background processing by 30%
- Predictable system management processes
- Deferred storage and CPU capital expenditures
- Automated archive routines
- Added e-mail Archiving in Phase 2 leveraging existing investment