Korea Telecom was experiencing significant data growth managing more than 3 Production Instances totaling more than 2TB.
KT is creating a world with ubiquitous, cutting-edge technology that goes beyond world-class broadband technology. KT, Korea’s top integrated wired/wireless communications service provider, has been Korea’s leader in the development of the information & communications business for the last 25 years. In that same time, it has helped turn Korea into an IT powerhouse with the world’s leading technology in the operation of broadband service. With the commercial launch of the world’s first wireless broadband service(WiBro), KT is paving the way for U-Korea with ubiquitous infrastructure through which people can share information wherever they are.
- Managing 3 production instances equating to >2TB of data
- Increased cost of storage
- Increased efforts in database maintenance/administration
- Degrading application performance significantly impacting business operations
- Improved application performance
- Controlled storage costs
- Archived ~6 million records per min
- Simplified consolidation project by removing archive data